What is Canine Acupressure?
Acupressure for dogs stimulates precise therapeutic points in your pet's body to alleviate pain, symptoms of disease and promote good health. To do this practitioners may use; finger or palm pressure, heat, friction and soothing. It is often referred to as an alternative, integrative, complementary, natural and / or holistic medicine.
How does it work?
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) describes Chi as a life 'force' or 'energy' that flows around your pet's body using invisible pathways called meridians. Imbalances of Chi in the meridians can cause symptoms of 'dis-ease' in your pet's body. Acupressure points are located along the meridians. Practitioners stimulate these points to influence the flow of Chi and correct imbalances. Restoring balance to your pet, enables their body to heal itself, curing existing and preventing future 'dis-ease'.
What does Acupressure do?
The goal of practicing acupressure is to restore, replenish, and maintain the natural harmony and balance needed in animal and human bodies to create optimal health and well-being.
- Relieve muscle spasms
- Build the immune system
- Benefit chronic health issues
- Strengthen muscles, tendons, joints, and bones
- Balance energy to optimize the body's natural ability to heal
- Release natural cortisone to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Release endorphins necessary to increase energy or relieve pain
- Enhance mental clarity and calm required for focus in training and performance
- Resolve injuries more readily by increasing the blood supply and removing toxins.
Contact Sally to set up a home visit. Price is $50/hour and appointments are usually about 30 minutes. 612-644-0858